In a commercial building or at the workplace, emergencies can come at any time. There can be a power outage due to some accident or other reasons in the workplace. During this time, emergency lights can be very helpful. Exit light and emergency light is the most popular safety device for any commercial building. It gives you a clear way to exit in case of an emergency. The best part about these exit lights is that they work on generators, so a power outage will not be a problem.
While most commercial building owners understand the importance emergency exit light in the workplace, but they have no idea.
When and Where are Exit Signs Required?
So, if you are also in such confusion, this article will help you better in knowing about that.
When your buildings or workplace remains occupied during both day and night, you will have to install Emergency lights and exit lights. If your workplace remains open only during the daytime, like school buildings or bank buildings, then you will just need only Exit signs and not an emergency exit light. You will have to illuminate the path so that the people will be able to escape easily.
When you have marked stairwells, hallways, and corridors as emergency exits, you need industrial emergency exit lights. The path’s lighting will help your employees exit easily from the building or workplace without any panic. That makes it easy to stay safe and exit from the building.
When there are escalators for exiting any building or workplace, it is important to install emergency lights. Not everyone will understand that the escalator can lead to a hallway for an exit from the building. Small exit signs may not be visible during an emergency or panic situation. So, when emergency lights are installed, you will not have any problem. You will be able to save a lot of people in case of an emergency.
There are many other places in your workplace where you will have to install the emergency lights, like:
- When some aisles or corridors are marked as an exit, it is good to have an exit light to clear to the people working in the workplace.
- When you have designated any particular stair as an emergency exit, you should make sure that you install the emergency light. If there is enough light during any emergency, then people will be able to see the signs. But if the emergency arises during nighttime, you will have to make sure that the exit lights are visible because people will start to panic when they cannot exit from the emergency. Exit signs may not be visible during nighttime.
Where should the emergency exit lights be installed?
When you are not sure where to install or how to install emergency lights, you will need the experts’ help. Many service providers can help with the exact details about how to install exit signs and lights.
- You will have to make sure that the emergency signs or lights you are installing are visible to the people working in the place.
- The signs should be installed just adjacent to the door or above the door, through which you need to exit. A sign or light very far from the exit point will not be very helpful for you.
- When you are installing the emergency lights, you should make sure that they work with the generator power’s help or have a battery fixed inside them. The battery should be long-lasting so that it will be work for a long time.
Like any other fire safety equipment installed at the workplace, even the emergency signs and exit lights should be examined from time to time to ensure that they are working in the right way. Taking good care of your safety standards will help you take good care of your employees and your business. It is important for you to understand when and where to install the emergency and exit light, and only a team of experts can help you the best. So, hire the best team and get the best equipment today.